Pillows are home items that should basically be invisible, but if they are failing, they become the focus of your attention. Great models do a wonderful job of supporting your neck, preventing back pain, and promoting a comfortable level of sleep. However, bad pillows simply fail to provide that kind of comfort. They can lead to poor sleep, increased levels of pain, and a variety of other health problems that can be surprising in the severity. What can you do in a situation like this?
If you’re looking for a pillow that you can trust, the PharMeDoc cooling gel memory foam pillow is a good choice. This firm memory foam pillow has been rated the “Most Comfortable Pillow” on Amazon’s marketplace. It is a machine-washable pillow that uses memory foam to provide your neck and your back with high levels of support and comfort care.
Each cooling gel pillow comes with a comfortable downy case that is reversible and easy to clean. In fact, this firm memory foam pillow is easily reversible if you need to add a little extra comfort to your night. It also stays cool in a way that many other memory pillows struggle to do.
Are all of these claims simply the din of hollow advertising nonsense, or is there truth to even some of them? We took an in-depth look at this pillow and various competitors on the market to help you gauge whether or not this cooling gel pillow lived up to the hype in this memory foam pillow review.>>Amazon link to PharMeDoc Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow<<
After checking out the PharMeDoc cooling gel memory foam pillow, we were surprised at just how many benefits it offers consumers. Just a few of the many benefits of this firm memory pillow include:
- Reasonable price
- Hypoallergenic material that automatically conforms to your neck while fighting off a variety of asthmatic concerns, such as dust mites, allergens, and bacteria
- Cooling gel technology promotes pillow airflow and keeps excessive heat from building up under your head and neck and creating an uncomfortable sleeping experience
- Free of latex, lead, phthalates, and other harmful items that could threaten the health and well-being of you and your family
- Reversible surfaces that are easy to clean and which provide an extra level of comfort to your sleep experience
- Molding surfaces that will automatically target problematic areas of your head and neck to provide extra comfort to alleviates aches and pains
- Improves posture, helps treat poor spinal alignment and can manage shoulder pains and tension headaches that come from poor pillow support
- Machine-washable zipper pillow case that is easy to remove and clean
As you can see, the benefits of this particular cooling gel pillow are many. However, there are downsides which many customers have complained about there. While most of these are quite small and subjective, they must be noted in the interest of fairness.
The negatives of this particular memory foam pillow model have been discussed in depth by various online reviewers. Most of them are based on individual experience and many can be easily solved without a lot of work. The most commonly mentioned negatives (and solutions to each) include:
- Many reviewers have commented that a smell comes off of their pillow after receiving it—this is a slight mildew smell; the manufacturer advises airing the pillow out to get rid of this odor
- The extra firm nature of this pillow often comes under fire from many reviewers— however, it simply takes a little breaking in for this pillow to mold to your neck shape
- The cooling action has been criticized for being relatively ineffective—this is only true if you anticipate a cool-to-the-touch pillow for the whole night—that is not the purpose of the cooling item, as it is designed to simply decreased heat, not eliminate it
- Price is often a concern for many pillow buyers, who may turn to inexpensive down models—however, they won’t be receiving the full benefits of this firm memory foam pillow if they do
As you can see, these negatives are easily negated with a little work and an understanding of the nature of the pillow. However, they should be known in case you are pillow shopping and trying to decide on a cooling gel pillow or a firm memory foam pillow for you or a loved one. So how does this model stack up against its competition?
When compared against its competitors, the PharMeDoc cooling gel memory foam pillow holds up and stands above many of them. For example, the Relax Home Life Bamboo Pillow is extremely soft and comfortable, with a cooling bamboo cover, but is available at a rather high price. While it does provide hypo-allergenic relief, it’s doesn’t really compare to the PharMeDoc for comfort.
The Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is another pillow worth considering against the PharMeDoc. Available at a hefty price, it offers a Kool-Flow micro-vented covering, orthopedic support for the neck, hypo-allergenic benefits, vacuum-sealed eco-friendly shipping, and a 90-day full warranty.
The funny thing about this pillow is that, for all its benefits, it doesn’t really offer anything the PharMeDoc fails to offer. Both are very comforting and hypo-allergenic, but the PharMeDoc is available at a fraction of the cost.
Honestly, we were a little surprised at how excellent this pillow is when compared to its competitors. At first, we were concerned that its low cost would indicate low value. This turned out not to be the case. It stands tall against other pillows like it on the market and is more than worth the price. We were especially fond of the way that this cooling gel pillow kept us relatively cool at night and avoided excess heat.
While the smell of the pillow is something that many reviewers have commented on multiple times, it is nothing that airing out for a while won’t fix. It’s surprising that more reviewers didn’t try this simple fix before complaining about it, but we’re here to tell you that eventually, the smell will go away. That makes this a nearly perfect firm memory pillow, especially for those who like them fairly firm.>>Amazon link to PharMeDoc Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow<<